I published an IBM Blog post: What to expect from the GDPR readiness assessment.
Together with my IBM Belgium colleagues I organized a crypto workshop for 10-14 year old girls at the Digital Muse Girl Tech Fest in Brussels on Saturday April 30, 2016. We ran 4 workshops where the girls learned how to make and break ciphers – all toy examples of course. Still, lots of fun and great to see that girls enjoy math and crypto!
Klaus Kursawe and I won the ARES 2015 Best Paper Award for our paper Structural Weaknesses in the Open Smart Grid Protocol. eprint
While working for ENCS I was one of the researchers on the FP7 project SeGRID (Security for Smart Electricity GRIDs ). I contributed in particular to the deliverables.
D1.1 – Architecture and design for use cases. html
D1.3 – First report on Security & privacy goals. html
Project website: https://segrid.eu/
At ENCS I co-wrote the Smart Meter Requirements for Austria’s End-to-End Secure Smart Metering architecture published by Oesterreichs Energie. We wrote the original in German, then added an English translation later. The documents were made available to the public: https://oesterreichsenergie.at/sicherheitsanforderungen-fuer-smart-meter.html
I actively contributed to the organization and / or program committees of the following events:
- WEWoRC 2015 ‒ Cottbus, Germany, October 2015 [PC member]. (Update: workshop canceled)
- Indocrypt 2014 ‒ New Delhi, India, December 2014 [PC member].
- Selected Areas in Cryptography (SAC) 2014 ‒ Montreal, QC, Canada, August 2014 [PC member].
- MoCrySEn 2013 ‒ Regensburg, Germany, September 2013 [PC member].
- Selected Areas in Cryptography (SAC) 2013 ‒ Vancouver, BC, Canada, August 2013 [PC member].
- CrossFyre 2013 ‒ Leuven, Belgium, June 2013 [Co-organizer].
- Code-based Cryptography Workshop 2013 ‒ Paris-Rocquencourt, France, June 2013 [PC member].
- YACC 2012 ‒ Porquerolles Island, France, September 2012 [PC member].
- CrossFyre 2012 ‒ Eindhoven, the Netherlands, June 2012 [Co-organizer].
- Code-based Cryptography Workshop ‒ Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark, May 2012 [Organizer].
- PKC 2012 ‒ Darmstadt, Germany, May 2012 [PC member].
- PQCrypto 2011 ‒ Taipei, Taiwan, December 2011 [PC member].
- ECRYPT-II Code-based Cryptography Workshop ‒ Eindhoven, the Netherlands, May 2011 [Co-organizer].
- CrossFyre 2011 ‒ Darmstadt, Germany, April 2011 [Co-organizer].